Time: 09:00 - 15:00
Until 20 May all members of NCE Media can claim their free ticket using the promo code "mcbmember".
Disinformation, influence operations, conspiracy theories, deep and cheap fakes and so called “fake news” are now everywhere. In a time where truth is more challenged than ever, we have launched a conference to learn from the brightest minds in the fight against disinformation.
We will take a look at the increasing challenge of disinformation and how it affects our democracy. We will discuss different solutions and how technology can be key to an enlightened society, based on facts, and expertise.
Save the date, June 8, for our conference and meeting of the experts at Media City Bergen. The conference is for everyone having an interest in the fight against misinformation and disinformation.
Hosting this year's conference will be award-winning journalist, Shirish Kulkarni. Among the speakers you will find:
- Kristoffer Egeberg - Editor, Faktisk.no
- Mari Velsand - Director General, The Norwegian Media Authority
- Eskil Grendahl Sivertsen - Special Adviser, Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI)
- Rebecca Skippage - Disinformation Editor, BBC News
- Reidun Kjelling Nybø - Secretary General, Association of Norwegian Editors
- Maria Amelie - CEO/Cofounder, Factiverse
- Olav Hjertaker - Founder & CEO, Web 64
- Ghazaal Sheikhi - Postdoctoral Fellow, MediaFutures
- Johanne Kalsaas - PhD-candidate in Russian media and communication studies at the University of Bergen
- Øystein Bogen - Foreign Affairs Correspondent and Author, TV 2.
More speakers to be announced!
This event is a part of the Media City Bergen Future Week, a media and mediatech festival consisting of a number of research seminars, conferences, workshops, breakfast meetings, popup talks, entertainment, demos, presentations, debates, talks, and discussions. Save the dates 7 - 10 June, for Future Week 22, a week of inspiring events in Bergen, Oslo, and Stavanger.