Sixty raises millions to launch Ease Live onto the world stage
Ease Live and Ease TV has opened doors globally for Bergen based TV Experience company Sixty, now launching their award winning solutions world wide.
Financial investor Edvin Austbø via Alden AS and Vanguard Invest AS and Mowinckel Management AS, invests a total of NOK 26 million in Sixty.
– Now we are launching both Ease TV and Ease Live internationally, and will create a new universe of interaction with TV broadcasters, says Kjetil Horneland, CEO of Sixty.
– The media industry is constantly changing, and our solutions makes it possible to create new business models for the industry, allowing broadcasters to create more engaging experiences and personalize TV content to different audiences.
GOING GLOBAL: Kjetil Horneland, CEO of Sixty. (FOTO: Sixty)
Henriette Sæther, CCO in Sixty, says the interest in the Ease products are huge.
– These are very exciting times for us - we are heading global full force, talking to customers and partners from all parts of the TV value chain. Our products are viewed upon as extremely innovative, and there is a substantial, international interest to join us on this journey, says Sæther.
The future of television
Ease Live merges the well-known television experience with the possibilities of online video, and makes the on-air graphics for live events become clickable and interactive on any connected device. It integrates with existing broadcast graphics systems and allows broadcasters and distributors to create exciting user experiences with their content by adding an additional dimension of statistics, highlights and so on.
EASE LIVE: Clickable on-air graphics on any device. (Photo: Sixty)
Sixty also have the product Ease TV, user interface framework for operators looking to enhance their set-top-box offering. This year Sixty has also built the new Altibox solution on the Ease TV-technology, designed and developed by Sixty in close cooperation with Altibox and Huawei, now being launched in the market. Combined, Ease Live and Ease TV provide a seamless experience, all the way from production to end user.
– Ease Live is a highly award winning innovation, and the response is overwhelming, Sæther continues.
– At this point I cannot be more specific as to who we are signing with, but we are talking about some of the largest companies and players in the world.
GAME CHANGER: Ease Live was awarded the IABM Game Changer Award at NAB 2016. (Photo: Sixty)
Seeking new employees
Sixty has been steadily growing and over the last four years the number of employees has doubled. Only last year, 15 new employees joined Sixty, now growing rapidly while maintaining an innovative and highly productive environment. 15 more or so will be joining this year.
– To be able to deliver we are now expanding all teams, and looking for new talents for every part of the organization. We are staffing for international success, as we now have an incredibly exciting journey ahead of us, Horneland concludes.
Check out open positions at Sixty: http://www.sixty.no/careers/